Saturday, March 14, 2009

i'm irish, aparently!

though i have always been under the impression that i am not irish, i've always been a fan of celebrating st. patrick's day primarily due to my dear friend st. kevin murphy's complete and utter irishness (though i prefer his polishness!). this year, however, is different! i no longer have to be lumped in with other fair-weather irish folk/special occasion drinkers. i have recently discovered that i do have a little irish in me; and not in that dirty way that that some micks (i can say that now) might allude to sexual intercourse. apparently, and my family members who may be reading this can correct me if i'm wrong, my great-great grandfather, the grandfather of margaret robinson, was fresh off the boat from ireland when he met and married a cherokee indian woman, thus beginning half of my wonderful family! so, safe in the knowledge that i am of irish heritage, however slight it may be, i am on may way to drink irish whiskey with jillian and rob willis, kevin murphy, patrick sheilds, brian mackey, and whatever other uber-irish name i can stumble upon!

erin go braless, ladies!

grant mcpatrol

No comments:

Post a Comment